torsdag den 26. juli 2012

Selfish

Elmegade 4
2200 Købanhavn N
http://selfish.dk/

Many have recommended Selfish because of its originality by serving japanese-styled sushi made of high quality and fresh products. We was keen on trying it out because of the good recommendations and after having watched "Jiro Dreams of Sushi" which is documentary about one of the world's best sushi chefs, we simply couldn't wait much longer.

(From the documentary)

We watched this documentary a Sunday and agreed to ordre from selfish the day after. Of cause we was too excited looking through the menu that we didn't think of looking at the opening hours - who would have thought that it is closed every Monday. We was slightly disappointed, but agreeing on going the next day. We ordred menu XX Large.

(XX Large)

Overall recommendation of Selfish:
I needed to pay 5 DKK for doing few changes in the menu but I think the money was well spend because we now had a version of the XX Large menu which better suited our taste.
I am very sad having to rate Selfish (♥) but some of the tuna pieces was a bit tough while other lacking texture. Furthermore I do not like my maki with paprika tuna mousse - haven't seen this version before and would not like to neet it again. I prefer almost all other alternatives, not because tuna mousse is bad, but it kind of feels wrong. 
Having said this, I think Selfish is above average compare to what else I have tried or expect to get when buying sushi. I really have hoped for a higher score and hope for a better experience next time, because many have Selfish as their favorit.

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar